Silver Bow Nail Art Tutorial
This post may contain affiliate links.
Here is my simple step-by-step guide to creating this pretty Silver Bow Nail Art.
Here is the kit that you will need:
- A pale coloured nail polish – I used MUA Nail Polish in Natural Days
- A black coloured striping nail polish – I used Orly Instant Artist Colour in Jet Black
- A clear top coat nail polish – I used Chanel Extreme Shine Nail Lacquer
- A pack of silver bow nail stickers
First, paint all of your nails with the pale coloured polish and allow the nails to dry thoroughly.
Once the polish on your nails is completely dry create a stripe over the end of each nail using the striping nail polish (this takes a very steady hand) and leave to dry. The Orly Instant Artist striping polish that I used is water based, so you can wash the stripes away if you don’t get them quite right first time…. but don’t get your hands wet while your perfect stripes are drying or they will just wash off! I think this striped effect looks great on its own!
The silver bow nail art stickers that I used were purchased from Ebay and are really good value. They are just tiny stickers and you carefully peel them away from the backing sheet – a pair of tweezers may help.
Carefully position a silver bow sticker on the centre of each nail and press gently to ensure that it is securely stuck down. Finish off the design with a coat of clear top coat. This will help to make sure that the bow sticker will not peel off the nail, and will also set the black stripe if you are using a water-based striping nail polish.
Here’s the result, what do you think?
I think this nail art design would also look great over a baby blue or pale mint green nail polish background. Ebay has lots of nail art sticker designs available, you could try birds or flowers if you don’t like bows.
Where to buy
- MUA Nail Polish is priced at £1, available from MUAStore.
- Orly Instant Artist Colour is priced at £5.90, available from Look Fantastic.
- Nail art stickers cost from around £1.50 per sheet and there are loads of designs available on Ebay. The ones I used were these.
If you enjoyed reading this blog post why not follow Beauty Best Friend on Bloglovin?