How to design your blogger business cards
This post may contain affiliate links.
“Hi, my name’s Laura and I’m a beauty blogger”… *hands out a business card*
This has been me ever since I received these amazing business cards* from Aura Print last week! Over the past year I’ve been attending blogger events and handing out my own handmade business cards that I made using a heart stamp and coloured pens – creative and fun but not very professional. So when I was contacted by Aura Print to see if I wanted my very own high quality printed business cards I jumped at the chance.
Aura Print is an online print specialist based in Huddersfield (not too far from me, I’m in York) and I love to work with local businesses whenever possible. As well as business cards they offer a huge range of flyers, stickers, PVC banners and other printed media.
So if you’re a blogger and thinking of designing or ordering some business cards of your own what do you need to consider?
- You want your logo or some other eye-catching design on one side. Make sure the logo reflects what you do and it should be high quality so that it’s not blurred once the cards are printed.
- The other side is for the contact details – decide what information you want on there and which is the most important. On my cards the website URL is the most prominent as that’s where I want to send my readers, but I also have Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and email contact details on there.
- Think about the colours, these should reflect the colours that are on your blog, I chose grey and pink.
- Consider the shape and finish of your cards – do you want them shiny or matt, curved edges or square corners, thick or thin card? My cards from Aura Print are 800gsm matt white card with a pink core, they’re nice and sturdy with a professional finish.
- Keep the design nice and clean, there’s nothing wrong with having lots of white space on there.
- Don’t shy away from bright colours and a bold design, you want your business cards to stand out from other bloggers’ cards.
- Whether you’re designing your own business cards or having a professional do them for you make sure you double and triple check everything, including website address and spellings. There’s no going back once they’re printed!
I’d definitely recommend Aura Print, once we’d decided on the design for my business cards they were printed and despatched really quickly and came packaged in pink tissue paper inside a big pink box with the above funky sticker on top… ‘Don’t you wish your business cards were sexy like me?’
So now I have all I need to promote my blog while I’m out and about at blogger events and in shops!
Prices start from £35 for Impakt Coloured Core 800gsm Luxury Business Cards, from Aura Print. There are 15 different colours of core to choose from, plus you can choose to have your cards fully designed by Aura Print’s design team if you want.
If you enjoyed reading this blog post why not follow Beauty Best Friend on Bloglovin?