Beauty Best Friend has been awarded the Liebster Award!
This post may contain affiliate links.
A few days ago I got a comment from Rachael of Rachael Lucy blog saying that she had awarded me the Liebster Award, I was thrilled! The Liebster Award is a virtual award that is awarded to great new blogs with less than 200 followers in order to help get new blogs noticed and increase their traffic. In turn, the winners of the award then have to then pass the Liebster Award on to ten more new bloggers.
The Liebster Award is such a great way of promoting new blogs, over the past few months I have come across so many new bloggers that give up after a few weeks as they feel their voice is not being heard and that no one is reading their blog. Of course it takes time and dedication to build up a loyal readership, but it’s always nice to receive a comment or a compliment about your blog and it makes you feel that it is all worthwhile.
As part of my award I was given ten questions that I had to answer about me and my blog, here are my answers….
1. What are your top 3 skincare products?
This is a really tough one as there are some great skincare products out there, but I think I would have to narrow it down to Clear Improvement mask from Origins, Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask from REN, and HydraQuench Lotion from Clarins.
2. If you could visit anywhere in the world where would you go?
I love Scotland, in fact it’s where I went for my honeymoon, so it would probably have to be somewhere in Scotland. Perhaps the Isle of Skye, it’s somewhere I’ve always wanted to visit.
3. What is your top beauty tip? It can be skincare or makeup related.
My top beauty tip is to choose as many skincare and make-up products that contain natural or organic ingredients. It’s important that we know what we are putting on our skin, and who knows now what damage we are doing to ourselves by applying nasty chemicals and preservatives to our faces and bodies.
4. What is your most worn item of clothing this season?
Well, this season is Autumn but we’re only just into it, so my most worn item of clothing this season so far would have to be my long black buckled boots from Office. I’ve had them a couple of years, they are chunky with a low heel and they’re perfect for shopping, walking or evening wear. They go with skinny jeans, leggings or dresses and can be dressed up or down.
5. What made you want to start blogging?
I’ve always been a bit obsessed with skincare and make-up and like to keep up to date with new products and developments by reading lots of beauty blogs. After reading a few not-so-good blogs I finally thought, ‘I could do better than this’… and so I set up Beauty Best Friend.
6. List 3 winter essentials.
A good lip balm to prevent chapping (Dr. Lipp is a great one for cold weather), a stylish pair of comfy boots and a snuggly blanket to curl up with in the evening!
7. What 5 items would you never leave the house without?
– Lipstick – I would never leave the house without lipstick! I usually have at least 3 in my handbag, my current favourite is Clarins Joli Rouge lipstick in Pink Camellia.
– Scarf – Wherever I go I usually take a scarf or wrap with me in case I feel a bit chilly. In Summer it’ll be a sparkly or fringed light scarf or wrap, in Winter a snuggly woollen scarf. My current favourite is a pale cream soft scarf from Oasis with grey printed rabbits.
– Watch – I hate being late and I hate other people being late. Lateness is rudeness (unless there’s a very good excuse!).
– Louis Vuitton Speedy handbag – I bought this in Edinburgh on my honeymoon 4 years ago and have been using it ever since. Before owning a LV I used to spend a fortune on handbags – little ones, big ones, cheap ones, expensive ones – but I don’t think I’ve bought another one since. So although my LV was expensive I kind of see it as an investment, and I’m saving money in the long run…. (well that’s what I tell myself, not sure my husband would agree!).
– Torch – This is a bit of a random one, but I have a tiny torch in the bottom of my handbag! I’ve never needed to use it, but I’m reasoning that as soon as I remove it from my bag I’ll get stuck somewhere in the dark!
8. Are there any products that you don’t think live up to the hype?
I like to give every product a fair test and even if I find something isn’t right for me I like to suggest who might like it. For example, I have combination skin so a rich oily moisturiser wouldn’t suit my skin generally but would be perfect for someone with dry skin or for applying on a cold, breezy Winter day. However, just occasionally I do come across a product that is just completely rubbish… I won’t name these products here but keep an eye on Beauty Best Friend as they pop up occasionally.
9. What’s your all time favourite film?
I just love Top Gun! Cheesy I know but it reminds me of when I was young (and when Tom Cruise was hot…..).
10. Do you have any hobbies apart from blogging?
My other job is as a self-employed jewellery designer so when I’m not blogging about make-up I’m designing or making silver jewellery. I sell my jewellery mainly online and through occasional craft or maker’s fairs. I also love home improvements and home furnishings, I can often be found with my nose in a copy of Ideal Home magazine.
I have to say I found it difficult to find a lot of blogs with under 200 followers as many of them are new and don’t necessarily show up on web searches yet, so I have only managed to select 5 for my award. Plus as I mentioned earlier so many new bloggers give up after a few weeks, it’s such a shame. Here are the blogs that I present the Liebster Award to:
Blonde Beauty Blogger – I love catching up with Natalie’s reviews and she gave me some great advice when I was setting up my blog. I think she’s already had the Liebster Award once, but she deserves it again!
GlamUpEveryDay – I just love Gillian’s pretty beauty blog. At my last check this blog had 199 followers on Bloglovin so still eligible for the Liebster Award…. just!
Amy Lauren – This is a really cute little beauty/fashion/lifestyle blog that’s only been going a few months.
Paint In Colour – Another new beauty blog, I love the images that show different make-up looks and how products can be used.
Be A Beauty – Rebecca’s fashion and beauty blog with some lovely imagery. Again, I think this blog has already been awarded a Liebster Award in August, but I nominate it again!
Rachael tagged me: Rachael Lucy
And here are my questions…
1. What are your top 3 skincare and make-up products?
2. What is your favourite book and why?
3. Where would you like your blog to be in a year’s time?
4. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
5. Do you have any pets?
6. If you were a colour what colour would you be and why?
7. If you could give one piece of advice to new bloggers what would it be?
8. What do you love about Autumn?
9. What is your favourite phrase or saying?
10. Do you have any hobbies apart from blogging?
1. The Liebster is given by bloggers to other bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
2. Each blogger should answer the questions that are asked by the person doing the nominating.
3. Choose ten new bloggers to nominate for the award and link to them in the post.
4. Create ten new questions for your nominees.
5. Go back to their pages and tell them they’ve been nominated.
If you enjoyed reading this blog post why not follow Beauty Best Friend at Bloglovin?